Table of Contents
European Mattress Sizes: The Key to a Good Night’s Sleep
Do you struggle with getting a good night’s sleep? A comfortable mattress that meets your specific needs is crucial. European mattress sizes are the solution that can help you achieve a better sleep experience.
Here are some important factors to consider when choosing a mattress:
Mattress size is the first thing you should consider. European mattress dimensions differ from those in other countries, so you need to know the sizing conventions to choose the right option. The following table breaks down European mattress sizes for your convenience:
- Single: 90cm x 200cm
- Small Double: 120cm x 200cm
- Double: 140cm x 200cm
- King: 160cm x 200cm
- Super King: 180cm x 200cm
- Emperor: 200cm x 200cm
Comfort Drives Quality
People have different sleep habits, which means your mattress must cater to your comfort needs. European mattress sizes come in various types of firmness, ranging from soft, medium, to hard. Therefore, you can select a mattress that is comfortable for you, and having a peaceful night’s sleep.
Materials & Technology
European mattresses are known for their high-quality materials and advanced design technology. The materials used include memory foam, pocket springs, gel, and latex. All of these options will positively affect your comfort and alleviate pressure points.
In addition to materials, European mattresses are also manufactured using technology specifically designed to support the body’s natural curves and contours. For example, pocket sprung mattresses channel movements in an outwards direction, reducing the possibility of your partner waking up every time you move.
Enhanced sleep quality ( Mattress Types and Sleep Quality ) has numerous health ( Revolutionize Your Sleep Experience: The Top Effects a Mattress Can Have on Your Health ) benefits. With the right mattress, you can ease back pain, neck stiffness, and other aches or pains. This results in a more comfortable sleep experience.
Moreover, high-quality sleep enhances the immune system, reduces stress, anxiety, and depression, leading to positive mental and physical health over time. You can only reap the full benefits if your mattress accommodates your comfort and support requirements correctly.
Affordability and Longevity
European mattress sizes differ regarding pricing and durability. However, spending a little more on a high-quality mattress can save you money in the long run. An affordable, low-quality mattress might seem a bit easier on the pocket initially, but it will likely wear out sooner.
Most European mattress sizes are built to last and come with warranties to guarantee durability for up to a decade or more.
The Bottom Line
Enhancing your sleep quality can lead to better physical and mental health, which means investing in a high-quality mattress should be a priority. Picking a mattress built to last and that supports your body well is key.
European mattress sizes are an excellent option for those who want to achieve quality sleep. Choose from a variety of sizes, materials, and technology designed to cater to your unique comfort and support requirements.
Don’t underestimate the importance of a good nightâs rest, and with the right European mattress size, you can be sure to wake up every day feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle the day ahead.
European Mattress Size Guide FAQ
What are European mattress sizes?
European mattress sizes refer to the standard sizes of mattresses commonly used in countries throughout Europe. These sizes are different from the standard sizes used in other parts of the world, such as the United States.
What are the most common European mattress sizes?
The most common European mattress sizes are: Single (90cm x 200cm), Twin (120cm x 200cm), Double (140cm x 200cm), Queen (160cm x 200cm), and King (180cm x 200cm).
How do European mattress sizes compare to American sizes?
European mattress sizes differ from American sizes. For example, the European Double size is 140cm x 200cm, while the American Full size is 137cm x 191cm. The European Queen is 160cm x 200cm, while the American Queen is 152cm x 203cm.
Are European mattresses larger or smaller than American mattresses?
European mattresses are generally larger than American mattresses. European Twin mattresses are 120cm wide, while American Twin mattresses are only 99cm wide. Similarly, European Double mattresses are 140cm wide, while American Full mattresses are only 137cm wide.
What size sheets do I need for a European mattress?
You will need to buy sheets that are specifically designed for European mattresses. Single size sheets will fit a European Single mattress (90cm x 200 cm), while Double size sheets will fit a European Double mattress (140cm x 200cm), and so on.
Where can I buy European size mattresses?
You can buy European size mattresses at specialty bedding stores or online ( Unlock the Secret to Better Sleep: Online vs. In-Store Mattress Buying Guide ) retailers that specialize in European bedding. You may also be able to find them at larger department stores that carry international sizes.
Can European size mattresses be used with American bed frames?
European size mattresses can be used with American bed frames, but you will need to make sure that the dimensions of your bed frame match the size of your mattress.
What is the difference between a European Double and a European Queen mattress?
A European Double mattress is 140cm x 200cm, while a European Queen mattress is 160cm x 200cm. The Queen mattress is wider than the Double mattress, but both are the same length.
Are there any other European mattress sizes available?
Yes, there are other European mattress sizes available, although they are less common than the five standard sizes listed above. These other sizes include: Grand Single (100cm x 200cm), Small Double (120cm x 190cm), and Super King (200cm x 200cm).
Do European mattress sizes vary by country?
While there is a general standardization of mattress sizes throughout Europe, there may be slight variations in size from country to country. It is important to check the specific dimensions of a mattress before purchasing it, especially if you are buying it from a country other than your own.
What should I consider when buying a European mattress?
When buying a European mattress, you should consider the size of your bed frame and the dimensions of the room where the bed will be placed. You should also consider your preferred level of firmness and the materials used in the mattress.
European Mattress Size Guide: Related Products
Choosing the right mattress size is crucial for a good night’s sleep. In Europe, mattress sizes can vary depending on the country. This guide will help you navigate the different European mattress sizes and recommend some related products to enhance your sleeping experience.
- Ikea Mattresses ( Sleep like royalty without breaking the bank ) and functional furniture, including mattresses in European sizes. Their mattresses come in a range of materials, from foam to pocket sprung, and their website offers helpful information on how to choose the right one for you. – Ikea is known for its affordable
- Simba Hybrid Mattress ( Why Hybrid Mattresses are Taking the Sleep Industry by Storm ) is designed to offer the perfect combination of comfort and support. It comes in European sizes and features five layers of foam and springs to help you get a good night’s sleep. – Simba’s hybrid mattress
- Casper Mattress – Casper’s mattresses are available in European sizes and are designed with foam layers to relieve pressure points and provide support. They also offer a range of bedding and accessories to complete your sleep setup.
- Emma Mattress ( Mattress Technology with Pressure Relief Features ) and support. Their website offers a 100-night trial and free returns if you’re not satisfied with your purchase. – Emma’s mattresses come in European sizes and are made with memory foam to provide pressure relief
- Snuggledown Scandinavian Hollowfibre Duvet – This duvet is made with high-quality hollowfibre filling for warmth without weight. It comes in European sizes and is machine washable for easy care.
- Hotel Luxury Soft Microfibre Pillows – These pillows are designed to provide maximum comfort and support, with a soft microfibre cover and an inner filling that helps to maintain shape. They come in European sizes and are machine washable for easy cleaning.
- John Lewis & Partners Natural Collection Silk 14000 Mattress – This luxury mattress is made with natural materials, including silk, wool, and cashmere, to provide comfort and breathability. It comes in European sizes and is designed with pocket springs for support.
- Tempur Sensation Elite Mattress – This premium mattress is designed with a top layer of Tempur material that conforms to your body shape, providing personalized support. It comes in European sizes and is designed with a durable base to ensure long-lasting comfort.
- PURELY BEDS Pocketsprung Orthopaedic Mattress – This mattress is designed with individual pocket springs to provide support and reduce motion transfer. It comes in European sizes and is perfect for those with back or joint pain.
- Silentnight Warm and Cosy 10.5 Tog Duvet – This duvet is designed to keep you warm and comfortable, with a soft microfibre cover and a hollowfibre filling. It comes in European sizes and is machine washable for easy care.
- Hyde & Sleep Hybrid Plus Mattress ( The Secret to a Great Nightâs Sleep? Antimicrobial and Hypoallergenic Mattresses! ) and anti-bacterial for a healthier sleep environment. – This mattress is designed with a combination of foam and springs to provide support and comfort. It comes in European sizes and is hypoallergenic
Pros&Cons of European Mattress Size Guide
- Variety: The European mattress size guide offers an extensive selection of bed mattress sizes that cater to different preferences and needs.
- More space: European mattresses are larger than the standard American sizes. More room for sleeping or sharing a bed can translate into increased comfort.
- Comfort: European mattresses come with different comfort levels that are tailored to address specific sleeping needs, including back pain, mobility, and temperature regulation.
- Global standard: Many countries around the world use European mattress sizes, including Asia, Australia, and Africa. Having a global standard ensures ease of travel and comfort.
- Sustainability: European mattress manufacturers have embraced eco-friendly materials, which are not only beneficial to the environment but also promote better health by reducing chemical exposure.
- Availability: European mattresses are not as readily available in the United States as standard American mattresses.
- Price: European mattresses can be more expensive than American sizes due to the use of high-quality materials, advanced manufacturing techniques, and shipping costs.
- Bedding: Finding bedding to fit European mattresses can be difficult in the United States, as most bedding is designed for American standard sizes.
- Shipping: Due to the larger size of European mattresses, shipping can be more expensive, and delivery times can be longer.
- Dimension discrepancies: European mattresses may not always fit the bed frame you have, so it is essential to check the measurements before purchasing.