Table of Contents
Say Goodbye to Tight Spaces: Embrace European Mattress Sizes
Tight spaces can be uncomfortable and stressful, especially when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. The size of your mattress could be the culprit. If you’re finding yourself wedged into a too-small bed or constantly struggling to find a comfortable position, it might be time to upgrade to a European mattress size. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of European mattress sizes and why they might be the solution to your sleep woes.
What Are European Mattress Sizes?
In Europe, mattress sizes are generally as follows:
– Single: 90 cm x 200 cm
– Double: 140 cm x 200 cm
– King: 160 cm x 200 cm
– Super king: 180 cm x 200 cm
It’s worth noting that these sizes can vary slightly depending on the country, so it’s always best to double-check before making a purchase.
Benefits of European Mattress Sizes
If you’re used to sleeping in a smaller bed, upgrading to a European size mattress can make a huge difference in terms of comfort. The extra space allows you to move around freely without feeling cramped, and you’re less likely to wake up with aches and pains caused by sleeping in an awkward position.
2. Room to Share
Sharing a bed can be difficult if you’re both fighting for space. European mattress sizes offer ample room for two people to sleep comfortably without feeling like they’re on top of each other. Plus, if one person tends to move around a lot during the night, the other person is less likely to be disturbed.
If you’re looking for a specific type of mattress, such as memory foam or latex, you’re more likely to find it in a European size than a non-standard size. This means you have more options to choose from when it comes to finding the perfect mattress for your needs.
European mattress sizes are becoming increasingly popular in the UK and the US due to their modern, sleek look. They offer a more contemporary look than traditional sizes and can give a bedroom a more sophisticated feel.
Things to Consider Before Buying a European Mattress
1. Room Size
Before investing in a larger mattress, make sure you have enough space in your room. Measure your room and consider how much space the bed will take up, as well as how much room you need to move around comfortably.
If you’re upgrading from a smaller mattress, you’ll need to invest in new bedding to fit the larger size. This can add an extra cost to the purchase, so it’s worth factoring this in before making a decision.
European size mattresses can be heavier than standard sizes, so it’s worth considering if you’ll need help moving it into your room or if it will need to be delivered by professionals.
If you’re struggling with limited space and uncomfortable sleeping, upgrading to a European mattress size could be the solution you’ve been looking for. The extra space offers more room to move around and sleep comfortably, and the modern style can give your bedroom a fresh look. As with any major purchase, it’s important to consider your room size, bedding needs, and any weight restrictions before buying. With the right preparation, you can improve your sleep quality ( Mattress Types and Sleep Quality ) and say goodbye to cramped spaces for good.
FAQ: Embracing European Mattress Sizes
What are European mattress sizes?
European mattress sizes are different from US mattress sizes. They are measured in centimeters and are usually larger than US sizes. The most common European mattress sizes are single, double, queen, and king.
What is the difference between a US and a European mattress size?
The main difference is the size. European mattress sizes are usually larger than US sizes. For example, a US twin size mattress is 99 cm x 190 cm, while a European single size mattress is 90 cm x 200 cm.
Why should I consider a European mattress size?
European mattress sizes offer more space and comfort than US sizes. They also allow for compatibility with European bedding. Additionally, some European brands use innovative materials and technologies that may not be available in the US market.
What are the most common European mattress sizes?
The most common European mattress sizes are:
- Single: 90 cm x 200 cm
- Double: 140 cm x 200 cm
- Queen: 160 cm x 200 cm
- King: 180 cm x 200 cm
Can I use European sheets on a US mattress?
It depends on the size of your US mattress. European sheets may not fit properly on a US mattress, as US sizes are usually slightly different from European sizes. It is best to check the measurements of both your mattress and the sheets before purchasing.
What should I consider when buying a European mattress?
When buying a European mattress, you should consider the size, firmness, materials, and brand. It is important to measure your bed frame and make sure the mattress fits properly. You should also consider your sleeping preferences and choose a firmness level that suits you. Look for high-quality materials that are durable and breathable. Research different brands to find the best one for your needs.
Are European mattresses more expensive than US mattresses?
It depends on the brand and the materials used. Some European brands may be more expensive than US brands, but others may be comparable in price. It is important to research different options and compare prices before making a purchase.
Can I try a European mattress before buying?
It depends on the brand and the store. Some European brands may have showrooms or stores where you can try out their mattresses before purchasing. It is best to check with the brand or store beforehand to see if this is an option.
Can I return a European mattress if I don’t like it?
It depends on the brand and the store. Some brands may offer a trial period and allow you to return the mattress if you are not satisfied. It is best to check the return policy before making a purchase.
Do I need special bedding for a European mattress?
You may need special bedding for a European mattress, as US bedding may not fit properly. It is best to choose bedding that is specifically designed for European sizes and check the measurements before purchasing.
What are the benefits of sleeping on a European mattress?
The benefits of sleeping on a European mattress include more space and comfort, compatibility with European bedding, and access to innovative materials and technologies. European mattresses also tend to be more durable and long-lasting than US mattresses.
Where can I buy a European mattress?
You can buy European mattresses online ( Unlock the Secret to Better Sleep: Online vs. In-Store Mattress Buying Guide ) or in specialty stores. It is best to research different brands and compare prices before making a purchase.
Embracing European Mattress Sizes Related Products:
1. European King Size Mattress:This mattress is perfect for those who need extra space. Measuring 160 x 200 cm, it is wider than a standard UK king size mattress and provides ample space for two people to sleep comfortably. Recommended product on Amazon: HomyLink European King Mattress.
2. European Super King Mattress:This mattress is the ultimate in luxury and space. Measuring 180 x 200 cm, it is even wider than the European king size mattress and perfect for those who need even more room to spread out. Recommended product on Amazon: Vesgantti European Super King Mattress.
3. European Double Mattress:This mattress is slightly wider than a standard UK double mattress, measuring 140 x 200 cm. It is perfect for those who need a bit more space but don’t have room for a king size or super king size. Recommended product on Amazon: Molblly European Double Mattress.
4. Adjustable Bed Frame for European Mattresses:An adjustable bed ( Say Goodbye to Sleep Discomfort with Adjustable Bed Bases ) frame is a great option for those with back pain or other medical conditions that require them to sleep in a more elevated position. Recommended product on Amazon: Millbrook Electric Adjustable Bed.
5. Mattress Topper:A mattress topper can add an extra layer of comfort to your European size mattress. Choose one made of memory foam or down feathers for the ultimate in comfort. Recommended product on Amazon: ViscoSoft 4 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper.
6. Bedspread or Duvet:European size mattresses require a different size bedspread or duvet. Look for one that is specifically made for your mattress size and consider choosing a lightweight option for summer and a heavier duvet for winter. Recommended product on Amazon: Bedsure Duvet Cover Set.
7. Mattress Protector:A mattress protector is a must-have for any mattress, including European sizes. Look for one that is waterproof and machine-washable for easy maintenance. Recommended product on Amazon: SafeRest Premium Mattress Protector.
8. Mattress Foundation:European size mattresses may require a different size foundation than a standard UK mattress. Make sure to choose a foundation that is specifically made for your mattress size to ensure the best support possible. Recommended product on Amazon: Zinus Bed Frame/Foundation.
9. Pillows:Pillows are an important consideration when choosing a European size mattress. Look for pillows that are designed to support your head and neck properly and choose a material that is comfortable for you, such as down feathers or memory foam. Recommended product on Amazon: Original Casper Pillow.
10. Sheet Sets:European mattress sizes require a different size sheet than standard UK sizes. Look for sheet sets that are specifically made for your mattress size and choose a material that is comfortable for you, such as 100% cotton or bamboo. Recommended product on Amazon: Dreaming Wapiti Sheet Set.
Pros&Cons: Embracing European Mattress Sizes
In conclusion, while there are many benefits to embracing European mattress sizes, such as more options, increased comfort, and easier bedding purchases, there are also drawbacks to consider, such as cost and availability. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to weigh the pros and cons and decide whether a European-sized mattress is the right choice for them.